1. The council tax replaces the poll tax next April.
2. The council tax is a disgrace.
3. The council tax is doomed from the start.
4. We have spent three days debating the council tax.
4. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
5. He also wanted to scrap the council tax discount offered to second-home owners.
6. The introduction of council tax is going to hurt an awful lot of people and there is no point in pretending otherwise.
7. They abandoned the principle for the council tax, so no argument in principle remains.
8. The council tax will retain the most objectionable parts of the poll tax - the head count tax on the individual.
9. We can test the fairness of the council tax by looking at the bill that the Secretary of State himself will face.
10. But take away the effect of the new council tax and underlying inflation has risen slightly.
11. We have before us a proposal for a council tax to finance local government.
12. Single people get a 25% discount under the council tax.
13. Council Tax Two old age pensioners waiting for a bus.
14. On the other hand,[sentencedict.com] the council tax is also a bit-of-a-poll-tax.
15. The council tax means the number of bills to be processed will be almost halved to forty six thousand.
16. District council tax rates, which have yet to be set, must be added to these figures.
17. We've got the replacement council tax to come and many people are still unhappy.
18. The head of the household is responsible for completing the Council Tax form.
19. A small increase in local spending will translate into a big rise in council tax.
20. Millions of householders are eligible to claim the new council tax benefit.
21. Page 2 of the consultation paper refers to the guidelines that the Government considered for the new council tax.
22. So all you people out there-make sure you pay your council tax.
23. Will local authorities be required to compile a register of people entitled to rebates before the council tax is implemented?
24. Employees will be kept informed of developments in connection with the Council Tax staffing arrangements.
25. First under the poll tax and now under the council tax, central control has replaced local democracy in determining spending.
26. Will it be assessed on a daily basis as the amount of council tax will be?
27. I was under the impression that people who rented council houses would have to pay the new council tax in addition to their rents.
28. But the local council has put it in the highest council tax band - for houses worth at least three hundred thousand pounds.
29. However, those exemptions and discounts merely reinforce the fundamental flaw at the centre of the council tax.
30. Benefit forms will be supplied on request to other council tax payers.
31. The hon. Gentleman was wrong to say that we had failed to consult on our proposals for the council tax.
32. This year's two community charges come to ￡656, while this year's council tax bill will amount to ￡517.
33. That is terribly important because under the council tax 85 percent. of local expenditure will be met centrally.
34. I seek an assurance that that will not be for at least three or four years after the introduction of the council tax.
35. In Tower Hamlets, for example,[.Sentencedict.com] a 1 percent. spending increase will mean an 11 percent. rise in council tax.
36. The council tax Bill exists because the poll tax was the disaster that so many hon. Members said it would be.
37. We believe that the council tax is already hovering between being unfair and being unworkable.
38. Sewerage will continue to be charged via the council tax or the non-domestic sewerage rate.
39. Pensioners already fighting to keep their heads above water are being asked to pay extra council tax to fund the refugee crisis.
40. Some Tories have already warned that council tax could be the final nail in John Major's coffin.
41. Not bad, not bad I've been sorting out my council tax George.
42. It's important to start the campaign off with an introduction to the Council Tax followed by more specialised themes such as discounts.
43. That internal contradiction means that the council tax will not survive.
44. I am not too worried about the new council tax because I doubt whether it will see the light of day.
45. The main Bill scraps the poll tax and provides local finance through the establishment of a new council tax.
46. As a result, a small increase in local spending will translate into a big rise in council tax.
47. The taper for withdrawing council tax benefit is much steeper.
48. We might be forgiven for keeping our fingers crossed that the Council Tax will represent a reprieve.
49. The Council tax is based on the capital value of each property, on the assumption that it contains two adult members.
50. That means that Londoners will face higher council tax bills.
51. They also got a new source of money, the council tax, to replace Mrs Thatcher's hated poll tax.
52. Like the poll tax, the council tax would also take account of the number of adults in each household.
53. The Opposition raised the canard that some sort of register is required under the council tax.
54. In my local authority it is estimated that only 9 percent. of overall income will be raised by the council tax.
55. Poll tax dodgers know the system will be scrapped in April and replaced by the Council Tax.
56. In calculating Council Tax rebate however, the water charge is excluded.
57. Anyway talking of nonsense you should've seen the bill I was sent for my council tax it was quite pricey.
58. It will mean a ￡50 cut per household on average council tax bills.
59. They headed off a council tax disaster.
60. People on income support do not have to pay council tax.
61. The new council tax combines elements of both the community charge and the rates.